Sunday, January 19, 2014

My one and only song I ever wrote (4/9/12)

Yeah. Yeah, stop this spam posting of these blogs. I know. (Don't worry I will. I just have one long one on anime reviews I've done that aren't episode by episode reviews and then another three spaced out every other day or so about Space Dandy.

So yeah. I now review anime on my spare time. Let me just add that to the stuff I juggle.

Hmm. School, Friends, Papers, Writing, Reading, Planning, Fanfiction, Anime Reviews, Game Reviews as well, Sleep, Eat, Youtube Videos, and Poetry.

Yeah Renaissance Man.

So song. (Looking back, it's more poetry set to music- not rap (since at this point I was still extremely new to the rap genre of music so I couldn't get the more powerful turns of phrase. And I was still strictly stuck in a stalwart tempo of consistent rhyme scheme. This was written
during my "School Daze" period (that one poem was written and fixed multiple times.)

Butterfly

Verse: C major, G major add 2, A minor 7, F major 7
Chorus: D minor 7, E minor, A minor

I see you when I’m walking down the street,
I see your reflection in the sea,
You want me to join your world,
I want you to be my girl
But you know what you are.

A pretty, little butterfly
One that dances in the sky
You fly so high above me
I am stuck here on the ground
Looking up when feeling down

Chorus
I want to be a butterfly
flying in the sky,
but when I try,
I’m scared to die
Maybe I am not a butterfly

I watch you get up early
when I’m walking in my lawn
I go to school surly
but you brighten my day
And this is what I say
Oh butterfly walk on by,
Let my heart flutter by.

I may be shy,
But if I try to tell you
how I feel, how and why
Maybe you will see I can be
a part of the butterfly

Chorus:
Oh, I want to be a butterfly
flying in the the blue sky
but when I try
I’m scared to die
Maybe I am not a butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment