Friday, January 27, 2017

Top 5 Favorite Movies List and List of Movies I Saw in 2016


Here's a short list of my currently "favorite" movies that at some point I want to review. Note that Metropolis, Seven Samurai, and Man Bites Dog I know are Criterion Collection movies which with the change in Criterion's choice to not be on Hulu makes watching them a little more difficult. But someday I will review these movies.

Top 5 Favorite Movies

1. Metropolis (1927)

2. Seven Samurai (1954)

3. Pulp Fiction (1994)

4. Children of Men (2006)

5. Man Bites Dog (1992)

Movies I Have Seen From 2016 in Order From When I Saw Them Not How I Thought Of Them

1. Deadpool

2. Zootopia

3. Batman v. Superman

4. Green Room

5. Jungle Book

6. Captain America Civil War

7. X-Men Apocalypse

8.Finding Dory

9. The Legend of Tarzan

10. The Purge: Election Year

11.Suicide Squad

12. Kubo and the Two Strings

13. The Magnificent Seven

14. The Accountant

15, Doctor Strange

16. Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them

17. Moana

18. Passengers

And if Silence, the new Martin Scorscese film had come out in my  local area- I would have gladly watched it cause that looks amazing. So since I haven't seen it- that currently won't be on my best of the year list but if I had I could easily see that it could have ended up as number one and I know that from the premise and general look of the movie from the trailer.

Will write more about these movies and get out an actual ranking of the stuff I saw this year but this is more just saying that yes I will provide a nice thought out list of mini reviews of the movies I have listed here and how they rank in regards to one another.


1 comment:

  1. I saw "Passengers" a couple weeks ago. I personally thought it was a decent film. but the ending could've MUCH more developed. It just kind of ends without a lot of explanation or real fading actions.

    I do recommend it, however, don't get to set on having it end the way you expect it to.


    -Matt

    ReplyDelete